Monday, January 13, 2014

I'm ba-a-ack

I've never really been away, just not posting.  Truth be known, I've allowed myself to be sidetracked by Facebook.  That can be really time-consuming, and sap one's creative juices. 

About ten years ago my mother was complaining that since everyone had e-mail, they never wrote letters anymore, and therefore she never knew anything that was going on.

Now I am complaining that since everyone now is on Facebook, they never write e-mail messages anymore, and I never know anything that's going on. 

Centuries ago news was posted in the town square, if you didn't happen to wander by to read it, or to listen to someone else read it, you didn't know what was going on.   Same with Facebook, people treat it as a semi-public bulletin board, and post news and photos and opinions--really, it's fun if you can keep up, and don't make anyone mad with your own postings or responses to other postings--and they assume that anyone who is interested will keep up with the latest.  But if you don't, it may be months before you hear that someone in the family has married, or that you have a new grandbaby.  It's no wonder the post office is going out of business, people no longer send letters or greeting cards.   I am amazed whenever I walk by and see those racks and racks of cards that apparently no one is buying.  So pretty, too.   Whoops, better stop and pick some out.

Anyway, I shall try to get back to "normal," whatever that is, and post some items, including reposting of some old ones.

Gramma Windy

No comments:

Post a Comment